Hmmmm. Not sure where to begin. 2015 brought on LOTS of changes…I haven’t even officially announced on the blog one big change, so let’s dive in and re-cap!
- 5th wedding season
- intentionally slowed the business waaaaay down (went from 28 weddings in 2014 to 11 this year)
- started the adoption process only to find out we were pregnant the day they received our deposit
- traveled to Utah and all through Colorado for a wedding and had the best time with Michael
- had my work featured a handful of times (didn’t keep track much this year – oops!)
- launched NovaElle with my friend Jenn
- sold our Atlanta bugalow
- moved to Bend, Oregon (whaaaat?! yes, this was the thing that I never officially announced. it happened. we’re back in Oregon!)
- started the renovation of our new studio space on our 10 acre property (concrete pour & heated floors were installed yesterday!)
This year was way different than 2014, mostly in good ways. I’m so glad I decided to shoot less this year because I ended up getting pregnant and could not have shot a full fall season, but even though 2014 was craaaaaazy busy and exhausting I realized this year that I could still slow down, just maaaaaaybe not as much (read: there were some times where I was bored because I had such huge gaps in between weddings). Anyway, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about where to take the photography business next year. I intentionally haven’t booked any weddings yet because honestly I have no idea what being a mom is going to be like, and how it’s going to effect me on a day to day basis. I know it’s a full time job in and of itself, so I’m just going to pace myself and figure out what I want my business life to look like once motherhood takes reign. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet soooo yes…I’m currently entertaining bookings for 2016 in Bend, Oregon (and destination weddings of course!). For now, we are just patiently awaiting the arrival of our baby girl. Could happen anytime now (official due date is Jan 21)!
It was harder this year to pick my favorite images which is funny because there were way less images to choose from, but here ya go…my favorites from 2015! Thanks for following along.